Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Compositing with Brushes


For this project I used 13 layers. I first selected the guy from the original picture he was in and used the refine edge tool to get every strand of hair without the background. Then, I found a forest background, changed the opacity and color, and added it behind the guy. After that, I used the gradient tool to make my picture a little darker in the top right corner. I then used fog from a different picture and put it in mine. I changed the opacity on the fog and also took a soft brush and went around the corners to make the fog look more airy. Next, I found a picture of a hawk on Google, cut it out, made it into a silhouette, and used the free form tool to get it the exact size and shape I wanted. I then copied and pasted the hawk a couple more times and rotated them to make it look like they were not the exact same. Then, I added a triangle with the polygonal lasso tool and changed the opacity and color. I tried to make it like the tutorial, but I couldn't really find a way to make it 3-D. After that, I found a leaf brush, changed a couple of settings, and put them into the picture. For the leaves, I used a Gaussian blur. I then added some type of galaxy print onto the guy. I changed the opacity and blend settings on the galaxy print. Lastly, I changed the levels and made the picture a little more saturated. The hardest part was probably getting the fog exactly how I wanted it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment