Friday, April 4, 2014

Photo Frame

This tutorial was actually pretty simple. I used the background eraser tool to make the holes in the film. After I put the pictures on, I merged them with the film layer. I then sheared the merged layer to give it the wavy look. The last thing I did was add a drop shadow to the film and a radial gradient to the background.
Link to tutorial: http://photoshopnerds.com/creating-a-film-border-effect.htm






To make the frame look like wood, I first had to render a layer with a brownish color with fibers. To get the groove looking things, I made long rectangles and filled them with a darker brown. I then used a billion layer styles to make them look more like dents in the wood. After one side of the wood frame was finished, I just copied, pasted, and set them into the correct place. Then I used the polygonal lasso tool to make the slanted lines in the frame. I also used more layer styles on the frame to give it more contrast. To get sort of a glassy type look for the picture, I actually had to put another picture on top of it and used guassian blur and opacity to make it blend more. I also highlighted the upper left corner by making a rectangular gradient and turning down the opacity.
Link to tutorial: http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-illustrate-a-wooden-frame-on-a-wall-scene--psd-343



No comments:

Post a Comment